Am Baile: highland history and cultureHighland Council logo

Calor Gas stockist

Calor Gas stockist

Larger picture

Print this page

Email a friend

Make a Comment

Add to Scrapbook

Share

LOCATION: Inverness
PERIOD: 1960s
OLD COUNTY/PARISH: INVERNESS:Inverness and Bona
CONTRIBUTOR: Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
COLLECTION NAME: David Whyte
CREATOR: David Whyte Studio
IMAGE CREATED: 1961
location map

Calor Gas shop and area office at 41 Church Street, Inverness.

Calor Gas (Distributing) Co. Ltd. was established in 1935. Their gas cylinders proved immensely popular, particularly in rural areas. The 1950s saw the introduction of the Flavel B500 cooker which quickly became a favourite with caravan owners and smaller households. Calor Gas Ltd. was formed in 1963



IDENTIFIER: PAW26071A

This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices email:
photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com


Find out more about the photographer - David Whyte



Some other items in this collection...



SWRI Group at the Highland Show

SWRI Group at the Highland Show

Train collision at Gollanfield

Train collision at Gollanfield

Chisholm family

Chisholm family

Palace Hotel, Inverness

Palace Hotel, Inverness





Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Am Baile/The Gaelic Village