Am Baile: highland history and cultureHighland Council logo

The interior of The Empire Theatre in Inverness

The interior of The Empire Theatre in Inverness

Larger picture

Print this page

Email a friend

Make a Comment

Add to Scrapbook

Share

LOCATION: Inverness
PERIOD: 1930s
OLD COUNTY/PARISH: INVERNESS:Inverness and Bona
CONTRIBUTOR: Highland Photographic Archive (IMAG)
COLLECTION NAME: David Whyte
CREATOR: David Whyte Studio
IMAGE CREATED: 23 September 1939
location map

The interior of the Empire Theatre on Academy Street in Inverness. The theatre originally opened as the Central Hall Picture House in 1912, but after the Theatre Royal on Bank Street burnt down, the picture house was redesigned in 1934 as the Empire Theatre. The building was designed by A. Ross & Son and was eventually demolished in 1971, after serving as the town's only concert hall for 40 years



IDENTIFIER: PAW24280B

This image can be purchased.
For further information about purchasing and prices email:
photographic.archive@highlifehighland.com


Find out more about the photographer - David Whyte



Some other items in this collection...



Inverness Motorcycle Club, Academy Street

Inverness Motorcycle Club, Academy Street

Staff at Raigmore Hospital

Staff at Raigmore Hospital

SWRI Group at the Highland Show

SWRI Group at the Highland Show

St Andrews Cathedral and Tomnahurich from Inverness Castle

St Andrews Cathedral and Tomnahurich from Inverness Castle





Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Am Baile/The Gaelic Village